ADVENTURES IN SEDONA
Good Morning, America named Sedona one of its 10 most beautiful places in America.
What should you do first in this amazing red rock country? Read over our list of Adventures and then call us toll free 1-(888)-708-6400. Let our friendly staff make your reservations.
Prefer e-mail? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange your Sedona adventures! (While our reservation and consultation service for you is free, each of these providers has their own charges.)
With a temperate, four season climate, sculpted red rocks in every direction, and high desert vistas make Sedona a destination ripe with opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts. With so many fun things to do, you might just want to stay another day at Sky Ranch Lodge!
- Purchase a Red Rock Hiking Pass at our Front Desk, which includes a Recreation Guide published by the Forest Service. There are over 100 trails from easy to expert. Select a trail along Oak Creek, up the colorful canyons, or out onto the red rocks. Take plenty of water because it is deceptively dry in Sedona.
- Hire a guide through PINK JEEP or the HIKE HOUSE. These informative guides will share with you about the gorgeous flora, fauna, interesting history, and unique geology of Sedona.
- SEDONA ART HIKES creativity catalyst, Braylee Rush, invites you to hike into the beautiful back country and create a work of art! No, you don’t have to be Rembrandt to sign up for a hike!
JEEPS & OFF-ROAD ADVENTURES
- PINK JEEP TOURS is the original Sedona off-road touring company! Pink Jeep offers the breathtaking beauty of Broken Arrow, the rambunctious adventure of Diamondback Gulch, a time travel back to Ancient Ruins hundreds of years old, or the opportunity to feel a vortex. Each tour gives you a different perspective on Sedona.
- Or choose from many of the other tour companies.
- HORSIN’ AROUND ADVENTURES offers distinctive trail rides with expert guides who modify the tour to suit your ability. Long before cars, early settlers saw Sedona from the saddle on their horse. Now, you can have an Old West trail ride and add modern amenities such as a wine tasting, a nature trail ride along verdant Oak Creek, or a sunset cookout!
- SEDONA SELF-PROPELLED TOURS is the only on-the-road bike tour company in red rock country. See Sedona from the seat of your bike! Didn’t bring a bike? That’s fine. You can rent one here!
- Mountain Bike Tours with ABSOLUTE BIKES. With a recent expansion of the trail system, Sedona is rapidly becoming the capital of mountain biking universe!
- Do you want 9 holes or 18 holes of golf? Sedona has both! Let our friendly staff book your tee time at OAK CREEK COUNTRY CLUB, SEDONA GLOF RESORT, CANYON MESA COUNTRY CLUB or any of our other great green courses nestled among the red rocks!
- ALTITUDES TENNIS is Sedona’s only mobile tennis clinic. Tennis professionals, Trent Hayward and Brian Grooms, can book your lesson or clinic on the court surface of your choice.
- SEDONA FLY FISHING ADVENTURE is the only U.S. Forest Service permitted fly fishing company in Sedona and Northern Arizona. Enjoy a day of fishing (and catching!) in Sedona’s beautiful Oak Creek Canyon, the Verde Valley, Chevelon Creek, and Silver Creek (White Mountains).
- SEDONA RAINBOW TROUT FARM is the easiest place for you to hook ‘em and cook ‘em. (They have BBQ grills on site.) For your convenience, the trout farm staff will, as they so colorfully state in referring to the trout you caught, “Bean ‘em and Clean ‘em” for you.
Getting Out & About
- VERDE CANYON RAILROAD takes you in vintage train carriages along the verdant Verde River. Your guide may point out Native American cliff dwellings hundreds of years old, and, if you are lucky enough—an American Bald Eagle or a mated pair of eagles!
BY HOT AIR BALLOON
- NORTHERN LIGHT BALLOON EXPEDITIONS
- RED ROCK BALLOON ADVENTURES
While you can look up at the red rock formations, one of the best ways to appreciate their beauty is from the air. These tours require advance reservations since they leave very early in the morning. We can book your tour for you.